Joint FATF /APG Mutual Evaluation of Singapore
The joint FATF/APG onsite mutual evaluation visit for Singapore was conducted from 18 November to 4 December 2015.
The mutual evaluation team was comprised of the following experts:
- Mr. Ian Matthews, Financial Conduct Authority, UK (financial expert
- Mr. Shunichi Fukushima, Ministry of Finance, Japan (financial and targeted financial sanctions expert)
- Mr. Alastair Bland, Charities Directorate, Canada (risk and NPO expert)
- Mr. Ken Menz, Attorney-General’s Department, Australia (legal expert)
- Mr Andrew Hill, Financial Intelligence Unit, New Zealand (law enforcement expert)
- Mrs. Larissa Alanna Gray, World Bank (international cooperation expert)
- Mr. Richard Berkhout, senior policy analyst, Ms. Lia Umans and Ms. Masha Rechova, policy analysts, and Ms. Ailsa Hart, research assistant, FATF secretariat
- Mr. Gordon Hook, Executive Secretary of Asia-Pacific Group
During the onsite visit the assessment team conducted a series of meetings with government authorities and representatives from the private sector which allowed assessors to gain a detailed understanding of the framework and effectiveness of Singapore’s AML/CFT regime.
The mutual evaluation was conducted using the 2013 FATF assessment methodology which focusses on both technical compliance with the FATF international standards and the effectiveness of the jurisdiction’s AML/CFT measures.
The mutual evaluation report will be considered at the FATF meeting in June 2016 and the APG annual meeting in July 2016 after which it will be published on the APG website.