ESAAMLG Working Group visits the APG Secretariat
From 14-16 April 2015, the APG secretariat hosted representatives from the Eastern and Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG) Efficiency Scrutiny Working Group. ESAAMLG officials were:
1. Ms Fikile Zitha - South Africa, WG Co-Chair;
2. Mr Bheki Khumalo - Swaziland, WG Co-Chair;
3. Dr Abraham Sethibe - Botswana, WG Member;
4. Mr Jackson Kitili - Kenya, WG Member; and
5. Mr Joseph Jagada - Zimbabwe, ESAAMLG Secretariat.
Issues discussed included APG structure and organisation, constitutional arrangements, financial management, associate membership in FATF, APG areas of work and mutual evaluations and procedures.
ESAAMLG was established in 1999 and consists of 18 members in the Eastern and Southern Africa region. ESAAMLG is an observer in the APG, and ESAAMLG members may attend APG events by virtue of ESAAMLG’s associate member status in the FATF.