FATF-Style Regional Bodies (FSRBs)
Eight FATF-Style Regional Bodies have been established. The FATF-style regional bodies are:
- Asia Pacific Group on Money Laundering (APG) based in Sydney, Australia;
- Caribbean Financial Action Task Force (CFATF) based in Trinidad and Tobago;
- Eurasian Group (EAG) based in Moscow, Russia;
- Eastern & Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG) based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;
- Latin America Anti-Money Laundering Group (GAFILAT) [formerly South Americal Anti-Money Laundering Group (GAFISUD)] based in Bueno Aires, Argentina;
- West Africa Money Laundering Group (GIABA) based in Dakar, Senegal;
- Middle East and North Africa Financial Action Task Force (MENAFATF) based in Bahrain;
- Council of Europe Anti-Money Laundering Group (MONEYVAL) based in Strasbourg, France (Council of Europe).
The APG, in conjunction with the FATF and the other regional seven bodies, constitute an affiliated global network to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism around the globe.
The APG and these other regional bodies, use the FATF's 40 Recommendations as their principle guidelines for the implementation of effective AML/CFT standards and measures.