- APG Governance
- Strategic and Business Planning Documents
- APG Policy Documents
- Annual Reports
- Relationship to the FATF
- Governance Committee
- APG Meetings
- Fraud Warning
- Public Statements
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- About APG News
Reporting of Voluntary Tax Compliance Schemes by APG Members
The APG adopted the following reporting policy framework for voluntary tax compliance schemes at its 2014 Annual Meeting.
This policy establishes a reporting and analysis framework for APG members who have issued, or intend to issue, a voluntary tax compliance scheme as follows:
- Reporting: APG members should report proposed or existing VTC schemes requiring asset repatriation in a similar way to the current FATF scheme.
- Analysis: After receiving a report by an APG member the Secretariat will undertake a preliminary analysis of the scheme. For complex schemes the paper proposes that experts from APG members may be involved.
- Decision‐making: The Steering Group should endorse analysis reports and agree on any membership action if needed (in consultation with members) including authorising the Co‐chairs to send a letter to the relevant Minister(s) expressing membership concern and asking that that the scheme be amended. Other more serious measures may be available.
- Non‐Compliance: Should a member fail to report a relevant scheme, the Steering Group may decide, after membership consultation, on appropriate membership‐related action.